Thursday, January 8, 2009

Return of the Captain

Well, it's been a while since I've posted. One of my New Year's resolutions is to post more. Another is to have enough interesting stuff happening that I've got something worth posting about! But meanwhile, I am just going to post a bunch of pictures. I've been wanting to do that for a while. Friends have accused me in the past, after viewing my pictures, of being a little vain. You may perhaps come to that conclusion as well. If so I can only respond that I am not a little vain at all. I'm a lot vain. Hope you enjoy the pictures!


With my son on San Juan Island. Best vacation ever.


Climbing buddies and mentors. Keith Garlinghouse, Jay Avery, the Captain.


Rest break on the way up Mt. Washinton.


At Timberline Lodge with three of my closest friends.
The Captain, Robyn Smith, Tim Smith, Mr. Clean.



Home away from home.



With my good friend (and one of my favorite musicians),
Ellyn Whyte.

Mt. Rainier.

Portage Lake, Chugach National Forest.


An old favorite of Nolan and The Captain.


On the way down from Mt. Washington, Near the PCT.


Washinton again.


Resurrection Bay, Alaska.


The Captain with Ed Viesturs. I guess he's some kind
of climber or something?


Captain Hairdo and Mr. Clean.


Tonsina Point, Alaska. Near Seward.


Middle Sister, way too early in the morning. Gotta lovethose alpine starts...

With my buddy Smokey. Chugach National Forest.

With my buddy Nolan in Friday Harbor, Washington



My buddy Cyrus. Such a sweet old dog.



The Captain and some climbing buddies.


Ingraham Flats.
Camp Muir.


Mt. Hood. The Captain, John Petrie, Mike Rudy, Sue Nelson.


Captain Hairdo and Mr. Clean. Middle Sister.


I told you I was vain!


Well, that's all for now. I'm sure I've bored you all enough for now. But don't worry, the Captain will bore you plenty more later!


1 comment:

Charisa said...

You have been on top of a lot of mountains!! I like the Rainier & Alaska shots - very cool!


Sunrise over Little Tohama, from Ingraham Flats, 2007