Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2013 Coffeenneuring #2: Sunday, October 6th

For my second day of coffeenneuring, I inadvertently double-booked myself. I had planned to meet Joshua, my friend and builder of my beautiful rando bike, at Barista in downtown Portland. I had also committed to meet my buddy Bill (tangobiker) at Blend, in north Portland. At first I wasn't sure how I'd make that work but it turned out that Joshua was only free til around 10, while Bill and I were meeting around 10:30. Whew- crisis averted!

 It was a beautiful morning, so Joshua and I were able to relax outside and enjoy the sun. We also enjoyed watching several passers-by stop and admire "our bike." Can you blame them?



After an hour or so, Joshua had to get to his shop, and I took off to meet Bill. Turned out we had quite the crew that morning, as randonneurs from all over the Portland-metro area converged on the north Portland coffee shop. Bill, Lynne, Susan, Jeff, Ken, Theo, Asta, and my girlfriend Steph (not a randonneur- yet...) all came down to join in on the fun.


It was such a beautiful, warm, sunny day, and the conversation was so pleasant that we ended up staying for several hours. Eventually we got hungry and reconvened down the street at The Old Gold, where we enjoyed mac & cheese, french fries, elk burgers, microbrews, and other favorite rando treats! By the time I got home I'd been gone for nearly 9 hours. What a great way to spend a Sunday.

Total miles: 16


No comments:


Sunrise over Little Tohama, from Ingraham Flats, 2007