Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lots of Reading in 2014!

Well, I read a lot in 2014- lots of books, as well as lots of types of books. I'm in the final pages of the thirty-fifth book I've read completely this year, and I'm likely to get one more in over this last week, which will put me at averaging three books per month. I'm listing them all here, in alphabetical order by author. The first list is the thirty-four books I've read completely; the second is the ten of which I've read significant portions but not finished entirely (mostly short stories, poetry, or reference). If you've read any of them and would like to talk about them, let me know- I'd love to discuss any of these with you, preferably over coffee or a beer!

Books I read in 2014:

Blasphemy Alexie, Sherman
The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven Alexie, Sherman
The House of the Spirits Allende, Isabel
The New American Militarism Bacevich, Andrew
Fidelity Berry, Wendell
San Miguel Boyle, T.C.
Talk, Talk Boyle, T.C.
The Stranger Camus, Albert
Resistance, Rebellion, and Death Camus, Albert
Hope and Prospects Chomsky, Noam
The Whistling Season Doig, Ivan
Work Song Doig, Ivan
Canada Ford, Richard
Vagrant Viking Freuchen, Peter
Autumn of the Patriarch Garcia Marquez, Gabriel
This Changes Everything Klein, Naomi
Carjacked Lutz, Catherine
Dance Dance Dance Murakami, Haruki
Norwegian Wood Murakami, Haruki
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage Murakami, Haruki
Just Ride Peterson, Grant
Toward a Less Fucked-Up World Riotfag, Nick
Do I Come Here Often? Black Coffee Blues, Part 2 Rollins, Henry
Essays Shawn, Wallace
The Walkable City Speck, Jeff
Kill Everything That Moves Turse, Nick
The Complex Turse, Nick
Spokesongs Weir, Willie
Kitchen Yoshimoto, Banana
Blue Highways Least Heat Moon, William
Declarations of Independence Zinn, Howard
Eat Bacon, Don't Jog Peterson, Grant
Lizard Yoshimoto, Banana
Valencia Tea, Michelle

Books I read significant portions of in 2014:

Collected Poems Berry, Wendell
The Wild Birds Berry, Wendell
How to Read a Nautical Chart Calder, Nigel
Barred for Life Ebersole, Stewart Dean
The Complete Book of Sea Kayaking Hutchinson, Derek C.
Sober Living for the Revolution Kuhn, Gabriel (ed.)
Smile, You're Traveling: Black Coffee Blues, Part 3 Rollins, Henry
The Way It Is Stafford, Kim
The Collected Stories Stegner, Wallace

2 comments:

Michael A. Lewis said...

Hey Captain:

If you're still up to it, Id like to discuss things Fairbanksish, coffee-ish and bicyling-ish (ice-biking, anyone?)

No longer in Alaska, alas.

Captain Hairdo said...

Michael, I guess I missed this comment! Sorry. Well, happy to discuss still.


Sunrise over Little Tohama, from Ingraham Flats, 2007