Friday, June 19, 2009

Different lacing techniques...

I've been having pain in my right achilles off and on for the last two weeks. That scared me because I've had problems withmy achilles in the past, and I don't want to get injured and benched again. But I was reading a cycling magazine and it said that if the back of your cycling shoe sat too high on your heel or it was too tight it could aggravate your achilles. This caught my attention because, due to heel slippage, I always use that system of lacing that locks your heel down. It keeps my heel from slipping, but it also makes the upper pretty tight all around. So yesterday, just for the heck of it, I changed the way I laced my shoes, leaving the last eyelet unlaced. At first it felt odd, and my heel slipped a tad, but my achilles pain was gone! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way! When you pray to the running gods, please throw in a good word for The Captain.

No comments:


Sunrise over Little Tohama, from Ingraham Flats, 2007